If Clients have incurred interest, you'll want to include that on their upcoming invoices. Here's how;
The 1st step is to create the expense general ledger account. Here is an image that should help.
The second step is to add a "Product and Service" to facilitate adding this to an invoice.
To include an additional charge as you create a new invoice:
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top.
- Select Invoice.
- Fill out the invoice as usual, including the applicable products/services.
- In the next unused line, select the Product/Service item for service charges or late fees, or choose Add New under Product/Service and follow the prompts if an item for this type of fee has not yet been set up.
- Enter the amount of the charge.
- Click the Save and Close button.