LeanLaw can attach trust statements to invoices as PDF files. Here is how. Go to Billing > QuickBooks (this only works for invoices that are in QuickBooks, not draft invoices).
Invoices can be attached either to a specific invoice using the dot-dot-dot menu (1), or by bulk using the function below the invoices called "Attach Trust Statement" (2) as shown here:
A paperclip icon will appear next to invoices that have trust statements attached (3). If an invoice already has a trust statement attached, invoking the "Attach Trust Statement" function will replace the current attachment with a new version.
The trust statement is attached as a PDF file called TrustStatement.pdf on the QuickBooks invoice. To review it, pick "Open in QuickBooks" and open the attachment from the invoice in QuickBooks.
Here is a suggested workflow:
- Create your monthly invoices and send them to QuickBooks
- Go to the QuickBooks tab in billing section of LeanLaw
- Select the filters "Not paid" and "with Trust" to see all invoices that haven't been paid and that have trust against them
- Select invoices and "Pay from Trust" to pay invoices from trust
- Select the filters "Paid" and "with Trust" to see the invoices that were just paid
- Select them and pick "Attach Trust Statement"
- Select them again and click Deliver -> Email to send them to clients