When migrating your Clients and Matters to LeanLaw some may carry open A/R balances. In order to get those entered in your new LeanLaw environment
The opening A/R balance can be entered directly into QBO, or in LeanLaw.
- Create a Fixed fee in LeanLaw with the description "Opening Balance".
- Now create an invoice the Client containing just that fee.
- The balance will now be included in reporting, and revenue allocation within LeanLaw.
Note: Entering these opening balances is handled in QuickBook Online. Please make sure that you have access to the firm's account before continuing.
- Open QBO and navigate to the desired Client/Customer account.
- Once you have clicked into the client, locate and click the "edit" button.
- From the Edit screen, select the "Payments and Billing" tab
- Enter the opening A/R balance for that client.
P.S. This only works if the Client/Matter has not had other invoices/payments associated with it. If the "Opening Balance" field is grayed out you will be unable to add that balance.